When you get your hands on some truly spectacular ingredients they don’t need much interfering with. I picked up some sublimely sweet tomatoes and a small burrata at a market recently and I wanted these simple ingredients to shine. My balsamic roasted tomatoes and burrata were served with a warm olive studded focaccia which we enjoyed eating outside for the first time this year. When you’re serving up tomatoes, cheese and warm bread can you really go wrong?
You will need (for two):
- Large handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Small handful fresh basil
- 1 burrata (you could use a good buffalo mozzarella if you can’t get burrata)
- Focaccia (you could use ciabatta instead)
Arrange the cherry tomatoes in a baking dish cut side up. Drizzle over the oil and vinegar and add a little salt and pepper.