Recipe from Västerbottensost cheese as part of their ‘Swedish summer to remember’.
You will need (for two):
- 350g minced venison (or beef)
- 1 rasher fried bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed juniper berries
- Salt and pepper
- Västerbottensost cheese, grated
- Buns of your choice and salad and condiments to serve
Put the venison mince into a bowl and add the chopped bacon, juniper berries and salt and pepper.
Give everything a really good mix then form into four burger shapes (I made quite small ones).
Heat a pan to high and add a little oil to the pan. Fry the burgers until lovely and brown on the outside and cooked through. For the last few minutes of cooking add the grated Västerbottensost and allow to melt.