You know when you go on holiday you can try some food or ingredients that are so wonderful and you just know you won’t be able to find the same thing when you get back home. If you’re lucky, you can stock up and take some home with you but sometimes that’s not an option. I recently tried some products from Urbangrains; a website where you can buy deliciously unique products that they source straight from the producer. In the case of Urbangrains they source a lot of products from Greece bringing back happy memories of holiday food and exploring olive groves. I have tried each of the products that they are giving away as a prize, you can read my thoughts below and also enter this Urbangrains hamper giveaway to try them for yourself.
This organic mount flower honey has a lovely rich colour and I have been enjoying it for breakfast with yoghurt. It comes from fields around Mount Olympus and is unfiltered; quite unlike any honey I’ve tried before. I think it would be great for baking with too.
Next up I tried their extra virgin olive oil. It’s got a brilliantly green colour and has that slight acidity/spiciness you get with good quality extra virgin olive oil. This is one for dunking bread and using for dressings and it’s made in a PDO (protected designated origin) area in Greece.
This Tomato and Lemon Jam, also made in Greece, is made of just five ingredients: tomato, lemon, sugar, spices and apple. I like the citrusy flavour of this; I’ve tried it so far in a goat’s cheese toastie and it was lovely. I bet it would be good with feta too.
If you’d like to get your hands on your own Urbangrains ingredients and some of their recipes, please read the rules below and good luck!
- The prize consists of: 1 bottle Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 jar Honey, 1 jar Tomato and Lemon Jam and three recipe cards (RRP £19 plus free recipe cards). The prize is non transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The winner’s details will be passed to Urbangrains who will send the prize direct.
- The giveaway is open to UK residents aged 18 or over.
- Closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 31st May 2017.
- Entrants must log in using Gleam and complete the mandatory entry first by leaving a comment on the blog to say what you would cook up with the prize.
- Optional entry methods are on the Gleam widget.
- The winner is chosen at random from all valid entries.
- The winner will be informed via email within 1 day of the closing date and will need to respond within 3 days otherwise a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
- Urbangrains are responsible for prize fulfilment.
- This is a joint promotion between All That I’m Eating and Urbangrains.
- Entry to this giveaway confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Competition is now CLOSED.
Thank you to Urbangrains for the samples which were sent for the purpose of review. All opinions and words expressed are my own.