Sloe port is a brilliant way to use up leftover sloe berries and makes something a little different. If you want to use the sloe berries another way, you can simply add more gin and sugar and make another batch of sloe gin.
Homemade Sloe Port
- 1.5 or 2 litre lidded container, sterilised
- 1 kg sloe berries (used for making sloe gin)
- 100 g sugar
- 750 ml red wine
- 200 ml brandy
- Decant the sloe berries from the gin and put the sloes into a lidded container.
- Mix in the sugar and wine, stir well and leave for up to three months. Give it a shake as and when you remember.
- After three months add in the brandy. Mix well and leave for a further month.
- Decant the sloe port from the container and enjoy!
After the sloes have been decanted from the port, they can be used again to make some sloe chocolate truffles.
Pin my Sloe Port recipe for later!